Jäsenen MongolColt uusimmat tuotokset

1. MongolColt

1987 Mitsubishi Colt that takes on Mongol Rally 2020

So last week I ordered some sparkplugs, wires and ignition coil. The spark plugs are DENSO® W20EPR-U, checked them from DENSO's website and they are OEM replacement. The Coil is NGK® 48236, I belive/hope there is no difference between this style of coils?? But the spark plug wires was where I...
  2. MongolColt

So few updates. First big problem is COV-19(coronavirus), right now almost every country in central Asia is closed...We are still keepib our hopes up! About the car. Well, the car is ready. New radiator is in. There is small things still to do, but they are 10 minute jobs, so yeah. Biggest...
  3. MongolColt

So few updates. I have recived all things from China+ the 1.6 civic radiator from ebay, but its also from China:D Welds look decent, but could be better, becuse they are made by a robot... The only welds with fractures in them are the ones that hold the upper tank to the body. And here is...
  4. MongolColt

Hi! Happy new year all! In the last days of 2019 our colt lost all of her engine oil becuse of a gearbox side crankseal went *boom*. We are lucky again, its one lucky car I must say :D Second thing is that we got the right headunit for it! It had seen better days, but we fixed it. It looks...
  5. MongolColt

Another update! The rear end is now 3cm higher than the front. But I think that with the extra weight our car needs to move around it will level! But lets talk BIG! We got a 2 inch(54mm) exhaust now. Sounds mad :D There is a rumor that Ott Tänak will drive our car next season:eek: It...
  6. MongolColt

I belive we are officially members of the club now! Took 6 months :D + got the first things from aliexpress, reducer hose 35-32(for the civic radiator) and low pressure pump for backup(as fuelpump). 9 more things to come :D
  7. MongolColt

Another weekend has ended and the rear end is ready. I'm not happy at all with the job they have done(the welds) but its 2mm steel, welded from both sides, so it should hold. It was a total rustbucket, it still is, but we are getting there :D
  8. MongolColt

The end is almost here.. New weekend, new things. All the engine leaks are gone, timing belt+waterpump changed, OEM fuelpump will be replaced with low pressure electric one and the generetor will be refurbished. 1. Oil pan should be tight again 2. OEM fulepump is now ''blind'' 3. Generator...
  9. MongolColt

Update: This weekend the rear end got some work: Mounts need welding still: Next weekend all the engine leaks will be removed, timing belt+waterpump changed, OEM fuelpump will be replaced with low pressure electric one and the generetor will be refurbished if needed(new brushes and...
  10. MongolColt

Well, we will bring her back to life to some extent, but we won't be replacing floorpanels, sills etc. what means, that the main problem(rust) will be there still. We will make the car run and be mechanically fit for the 26 000 km it needs to last. After that, the car will go to MOMU(motospordi...
  11. MongolColt

That is true, but its much brighter in close range, thats why we kept them. Car will have 4x55w halogen Hellas from toyot hilux's roof for ''high beams'' so we are not that worried. And they don't blind others. We tested that. :D
  12. MongolColt

First month after ownership: Installed LED headlights: Same ISO and shutter speed: After that, the car went to ''rehab'' and this is the sitsiuation now: So for now, car breaks and drives, but there is still much more to do! Next weekend the rear shocks will be replaced and...
  13. MongolColt

Hi/Moikka! Long story short: We are 2 guys from Tallinn/Estonia and are planning to take our Mitsbishi 2/3 around the globe(or flat earth if you like) and bring It back to Estonia, totaling 26 000 km! Guys from Estonias only MC told that I should make a thread here also, so why not. Where...
Ylös Bottom