Hello!

G

Galant_turbo

Hello over there!

It took me a vhile to register when everything was written in finish :D

It is kind of strange that our languages are so different although we live so close.....

-Jens

S

stalhamre

I´ll borrow this thread to say Hello aswell...

HELLO!  ;)

Nice to find some fellow mitsu-users.

Niko Päivinen

Colt, Lancer, Pajero
In Memoriam
Sijainti
Lahti
Yeah, we know, it's hard/impossible, but we're working on it!

Soon you'll be able to choose swedish for the language on the buttons!

Anyways, welcome to our forum, Jens. Is that a VR4 Galant you have?

T

tk

hey stalhamre, welcome to the club,

have you allready got the turbokit for your colt ?

was it hard to get rid of the grill from your front bumber,
i mean those behind the reg.plate ?

S

stalhamre

Thank you tk.

Nope, no turbokit yet. But it will be here soon (I know "exactly" when now, but I won´t tell ;) )

Getting rid of the "ribs" in the grill was a piece of cake, just go nuts with a saw... :) Then put on some plastic, make the surface smooth, add a bit of color - and your good to go ;)

Check out my homepage for updates on the turbo installation. http://www.turbocolt.com

Regards

Martin Stålhamre
www.mitsuclubsweden.com

Niko Päivinen

Colt, Lancer, Pajero
In Memoriam
Sijainti
Lahti
I wish... It is a low budget, home made turbo conversion made in the "scrapheap challenge" spirit. It is an 8v GLSi -88. If you are interested you can visit my homepage (in swedish). There will soon be more pictures of the engine.
http://medlem.spray.se/galantturbo/index.html

What kind of pistons and compression ratio are you planning to use?

And what about the fuel system? I know for sure that there are few people here who are interested in converting the single point fuel injection on their E15 Galant turbos to a multi point injection and manifold.....

G

Galant_turbo

What kind of pistons and compression ratio are you planning to use?

And what about the fuel system? I know for sure that there are few people here who are interested in converting the single point fuel injection on their E15 Galant turbos to a multi point injection and manifold.....

Well, that´s what I´m doing in a way, or the other way around, you might say. I have a the 4G63T engine from a galant -86 with a compression ratio at 7,6 it also has the oil cooling under the pistons.

I use my cars stock multi point injection system with 4 extra injectors controlled by pressure swithes. I have tested this concept for several years in diffrent versions and I can strongly recomend it.

My first turbo conversion was on a -87 Galant with the 2.4 litre engine. I left the multipoint injection system in the car and mounted an -85 4G63T-engine instead of the 2.4. I also mounted an intercooler from a saab 9000. This works very well if you run about the same turbo pressure as in the stock 4G63T -85. With the IC you can run higher with out having to worry too.

That concept is not so complicated to do yourself. The engine I´m running now is a bit more complicated, but the "inside" of the engine is the same as the mid-eighties mitsubishi turbos.

Last summer I had 1.8 bar in turbopressure for a while, and the only thing that broke (that time :-/) was the intercooler from an saab aero. If you look up in the sky a cloud free night you might still see pieces of it in orbit. Well thats it for this time folks, it´s friday afternoon and soon it's partytime. If you have some questions don´t hesitate to ask, either here or on our new forum in sweden.

-Jens

http://www.mitsuclubsweden.com/forum.htm

T

tk

thanks stalhamre,

i believe i have to go nuts with the saw, maybe this weekend :p

you bet, i keep checking your pages ;D

M

Maire

It's nice to see, that we have gotten a few visitors from the other countries    :D
Welcome to everybody
            och Villkommen allihoppa !!
                       Tai jotain sinne suuntaan  ;D

S

spencevans

Hello to everyone from the Americas. I own a 1985 Mitsubishi truck with a 2.3 td. I see that Team 1000 has an awsome Galant 2.3 td and I would like to know what modification were made to the engine. The more information the better. Thanks

J

jan66

Vs: Hello!

I´ll use the opportunity and say to you all HELLO FROM ESTONIA!!!
I´ll have a hobby car and it's Galant 89, 2,0, 8V, GLS'i.

k%fclgvaade.jpg

When I read this forum I saw that there are some enthusiasts who have installed turbos to their mitsubishis. I allso have this idea, but I dont know what kind of modifications I have to make to install the turbo and to be sure that the engine will last. Cuold you be little more specific about the modifications you made and how big was your budget.
TIA.

You all are expected to visit estonian mitsubishi club website: www.clubmitsubishi.org

Niko Päivinen

Colt, Lancer, Pajero
In Memoriam
Sijainti
Lahti
Vs: Hello!

The very least you'll need for turbo project:

new engine management + wiring + sensors
new fuel pump, intercooler + tubes, bigger injectors
lower compression/stronger pistons
turbo, manifold, oil lines
new exhaust pipe

Then you'll need to figure out emission controls if that is an issue in Estonia?

One way to do a turbo Galant is to import a suitable VR-4 Galant engine and bits, but I'll bet the FWD transmission wou'nt hold together very long with that...

Nice website you got there!

Ylös Bottom